Friday, April 27, 2007

AIGLX+Beryl on my FC6

Finnally, I have AIGLX + Beryl in my Fedora Core 6 (updated from 5). Very owesome, great, very smooth, and more...I am very happy with it. Before this successfull configuration, I have tried many trial and errors configuration of xorg.conf for my Intel 82852/855GM VGA Card. My experiments were based on some forums and blogs that already mentions about how to install and setup AIGLX + Beryl. As already we know, Xorg version 7.1 from Fedora Core 6 had already embedded AIGLX module in that X Windows. We can configure easily our Xorg to enable AIGLX. With AIGLX, we can rendering our X Windows with 3D capabilities. Based on AIGLX module, we can choose one of the 3D Window Managers, like compiz or beryl (as i know).
Here I want to share my xorg.conf, I hope some of you can use this configuration on your xorg machine.

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "single head configuration"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Synaptics" "AlwaysCore"
Option "Clone" "off"
Option "Xinerama" "off"
Option "AIGLX" "true"
EndSection
...
Section "Module"
Load "dbe"
Load "fbdevhw"
Load "glx"
Load "record"
Load "freetype"
Load "type1"
Load "synaptics"
Load "extmod"
Load "dri"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
Group 0
Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "i810"
VendorName "Videocard vendor"
BoardName "Intel 852"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Videocard0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 16
...
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

No comments: