Sunday, August 05, 2007

Fixing vmware-config on FC7

I just want to share about vmware-config (vmware player) error fixing when I tried to run it on my FC7 with kernel 2.6.22.1-41. This discussion is very helpful for me. I just want to rewrite again in my blog, so if I forget about this, I can just visit this my note.
  • download the patch from here.
  • follow these instructions :
    • cd /usr/lib/vmware/modules/source
    • cp vmnet.tar vmnet.tar.orig
    • tar xvpf vmnet.tar
    • zcat yourdownloaddir/patch-vmnet-for-linux-2.6.22.1.gz | patch -p4
    • rm vmnet.tar; tar cvf vmnet.tar vmnet-only
  • run /usr/bin/vmware-config.pl again. Now, I can configure my vmware network modul on vmware player clearly.
It's good thing that vmware-player can run very well on my FC7. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! It's so refreshing to find just the bit of help I need after just a few seconds searching.