- download the patch from here.
- follow these instructions :
- cd /usr/lib/vmware/modules/source
- cp vmnet.tar vmnet.tar.orig
- tar xvpf vmnet.tar
- zcat yourdownloaddir/patch-vmnet-for-linux-184.108.40.206.gz | patch -p4
- rm vmnet.tar; tar cvf vmnet.tar vmnet-only
- run /usr/bin/vmware-config.pl again. Now, I can configure my vmware network modul on vmware player clearly.
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Fixing vmware-config on FC7
I just want to share about vmware-config (vmware player) error fixing when I tried to run it on my FC7 with kernel 220.127.116.11-41. This discussion is very helpful for me. I just want to rewrite again in my blog, so if I forget about this, I can just visit this my note.